Results Healthcare has advised INC Research on signing a difinitive merger agreement with inVentiv Health
- Service: M&A
- Sector: Healthcare
- Sub Sector: CROs & CMOs
- Engagement Type: Sell Side
Results Healthcare is delighted to have advised INC Research on signing its definitive merger agreement with inVentiv.
INC Research Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:INCR), a leading global Phase I–IV Contract Research Organization (“CRO”), and inVentiv Health, Inc., a leading, privately held, global CRO and Contract Commercial Organization (“CCO”), today announced that their Boards of Directors have unanimously approved a definitive merger agreement pursuant to which their businesses would combine in an all-stock transaction, creating a leading global biopharmaceutical solutions organization. Based upon the closing price of INC Research common stock on Tuesday, May 9, 2017, the transaction values inVentiv at an enterprise value of approximately $4.6 billion, and the combined company at an enterprise value of approximately $7.4 billion.
Upon closing of the transaction, INC Research shareholders are expected to own approximately 53 percent and inVentiv shareholders are expected to own approximately 47 percent of the combined company on a fully diluted basis. Advent International and Thomas H. Lee Partners, two preeminent private equity firms, are currently equal equity owners of inVentiv and will remain investors in the combined company upon closing of the merger.
- TODAY’S ANNOUNCEMENT CREATES:
The second largest biopharmaceutical outsourcing provider focused on creating value for customers, patients, physicians, payers and employees.
- A Top 3 CRO globally and the leading CCO provider focused on improving customer performance and accelerating new products to market. The combined company will have more than 22,000 employees spanning more than 60 countries, and will serve customers in more than 110 countries.
- Leadership positions in the growing CRO and CCO markets. The Commercial market represents an underpenetrated opportunity with only 16% penetration and outsourcing potential of $150 billion, providing substantial growth potential.
- Upon completion of the transaction the combined company will leverage commercial insights to inform the clinical trial process, designing studies to be more efficient and effective to address evolving patient and payer needs. Commercial solutions informing accelerated clinical trial design include market access, data-driven Real World Evidence (“RWE”), advocacy relations and medical affairs. The new organization’s combined clinical scale, therapeutic depth and expertise will allow it to partner with biopharmaceutical companies of all sizes to navigate an increasingly complex biopharmaceutical development and commercialization environment.
Through this strategic combination we are bringing together two of the most innovative and respected players in the field to create a leading global biopharma solutions organisation with a full suite of clinical and commercial solutions to address the needs of biopharmaceutical companies, patients, physicians and payers. The combination of INC Research and inVentiv will expand our global scale and add capabilities to grow our addressable market.
CEO, INC Research