Results Healthcare has advised Sanofi on the divestment of the global rights to LEUKINE® and associated manufacturing assets to Partner Therapeutics
- Service: Divestments
- Sector: Healthcare
- Sub Sector: CROs & CMOs, Pharma & Biotech
- Engagement Type: Sell Side
Results Healthcare, part of the Results International Group is delighted to have been the exclusive corporate finance advisor to Sanofi on its divestment of Leukine®, a US approved oncology product, and associated supply chain to Partner Therapeutics. Partner Therapeutics is a newly established pharmaceutical company that is devoted to developing and commercializing cancer medicines and combination therapies that can make a meaningful difference in the lives of cancer patients.
This transaction marks the second pharmaceutical product divestment for Results Healthcare in the past 18 months, following the sale of global Nitrate product rights for UCB.
Leukine® is a recombinant GM-CSF biologic product originally developed in 1989 by Immunex Corporation. The product stimulates proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells to increase the number and function of white blood cells. Leukine® is currently exclusively approved in the US in five different indications for immunocompromised patients after bone marrow transplantation, in cases of bone marrow transplantation failure or engraftment delay, before and after peripheral blood stem cell transplantation and following induction chemotherapy in older patients with acute myelogenous leukaemia.
The product is also currently in development for the treatment of acute radiation syndrome following expose to high doses of radiation and The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) is holding a significant stockpile of Leukine® to use as a first line treatment following a nuclear accident or attack in the US.
We expertly supported our client throughout the entire process from kick-off to closing:
- Approached a comprehensive number of potential acquirers from a multitude of verticals
- Lead on the preparation of all key marketing and presentation materials
- Ensured process timelines were adhered to through rigorous project and bidder management and a well-structured, staged process
- Fostered and maintained competitive tension to achieve the best possible deal for our client
- Advised and supported on negotiation of key transaction agreements
- Managed and provided support through the due diligence and closing process
Results Healthcare is a leading specialist M&A advisory focused on public and private healthcare and life science companies. To discover how Results Healthcare can work with you, please contact Jason Foss.